October 24, 2008

Finds at the Michigan Design Center: Part III

This last part has a lot of random things just like that last 2 parts, but there's a good amount of art featured in this post.

I found the art piece above this bedroom display really cool.  The orange chairs in front of the bed (though I doubt those would ever be there in real life) really help bring this "space" together. (The Designer Group)
Photobucket
Dining table from The Designer Group with an awesome asymmetrical base.
Photobucket
A very striking piece found at the TRA Art Group showroom
Photobucket
I guess this is just some sort of storage piece, but I really liked the shape and the single thick stripe down the center. (The Designer Group)
Photobucket
From the Baker showroom - An art piece that makes me think of Animal Collective
Photobucket
There were a bunch of different pieces like these at the TRA Art Group showroom.  That's a monitor screen in the middle.  I'm not in love with the idea of having to plug in a piece of art, but it's still a cool idea - and reminded me of being at Tate Modern in London.
Photobucket
A little piece of flooring from Beaver Tile & Stone.  It's a leather tile surrounded by what is probably a metal alloy tile.
Photobucket
And one last sweet bed from The Designer Group!  It's the white version of the first bed in Part I.  The iridescent bedding added a unique touch and I also really like that cowhide chair. 
Photobucket

So, that's about it for my trip to the Michigan Design Center.  I hope I was able to show some pieces that maybe you haven't seen yet and also introduce you to some awesome companies/manufacturers.

4 comments:

avant garde design said...

wow, love that copper piece above the bed, i love using metal in designing. love the use of texture. i have a feeling that you will love blending pieces of art in spaces just as much as furniture and lighting? you are very talented i'm sure!

Couture Carrie said...

Some great spaces here! The colors remind me a bit of my parent's house in the 70s (that's a compliment - love the era!). And those paintings are a nice touch, esp. the extreme close-up of the face!

Love your idea of being the White Stripes for Halloween - hope you and the BF have lots of fun!

xoxox,
CC

Decor To Adore said...

I love the art piece!

Unknown said...

Great pics....lots of fun finds! I love going to new design centers for inspiration. Thanks for sharing!