August 03, 2010

Is That A Fashion Blogger?

Nope, just the trendiest mannequins that I've seen on the market! Don't these just scream Hedi Slimane and Rumi Neely?

I'm extremely interested in working in the retail design industry so I'm always reading magazines and blogs focused on that sector of design. I usually just pass through that mannequin section, not putting too much thought into it, but yesterday while browsing through VMSD something really caught my eye!

These fashion-forward mannequins by Rootstein battle even the most fabulous fashion blogger poses. Let us compare...


As far as I'm concerned, Rootstein is getting it right. This forward-thinking manufacturer is providing the perfect opportunity for branding a retail space with the fashionista consumer in mind. With these recognizable poses and "21st century urban youth" figures, shoppers will easily connect with the shopping environment. How do you feel about these mannequins? Are they a good in-store marketing strategy?

5 comments:

Anna K. said...

Our mannequins at White House Black Market and pretty much just a torso - they don't take away from the clothes at all and wouldn't be considered offensive if we forgot and left them naked in the store window... These might just be a bit too graphic, in my opinion --- but very cool!

Juxtaposition Design said...

Anna - You definitely raise a good point with being able to leave the mannequins unclothed and having them still look appropriate. I see these Rootstein pieces working well in some department stores or Forever 21's new big-box concept stores. Thanks for commenting!

Sydney Lawyers said...

wow i even found out the different between there

Anna Caroline {Design Studio 210} said...

Miss your posts! Hope you are doing well!

Juxtaposition Design said...

Anna - I missed yours as well! Glad to see that you are back! I have been super busy lately with a new job but I am starting to adjust to my new schedule and will hopefully be posting more soon!