July 31, 2010

Distressed

I'm an absolute sucker for the character a good reclaimed wood floor provides, but this product made of recycled wine barrels by Fontenay Woods really ups the ante.


The Cooperage line from the Vintage Barrel Collection displays the authentic stamps and markings from the original wine barrels.

The Fontenay site shows the flooring being used in actual wine cellars and other spaces directly related to wine. But, I picture it perfectly in an industrial loft, restaurant, or retail space. Where would you use this flooring?

Via Designer Pages and Fontenay Woods

5 comments:

jess said...

I LOVE THIS! I also have an obsession with the reclaimmed look, like you said though this is one step up. I would probably use it in a bedroom in a loft or maybe a dining room, a wine cellar if im feeling a sense of humor and mockery whilst designing :)

Nathan Bashaw said...

These look so cool! I want it. It would be awesome for a room made for lounging. With a big wine rack and a bookshelf.

Juxtaposition Design said...

Jess - I thought you might like these ;) Possibly could have been fitting for your thesis?

Nathan - Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I hope you're doing well :) and your lounge room idea sounds pretty relaxing!

Noah G said...

oohh. i love this :) i've also an irresistible compulsion with the reclaimed look :)

Anonymous said...

love this! I would cover all the floors in my tiny flat!
x katrina