April 08, 2008

High-End Sleeper Sofas

As I was working on my final interior design project for this semester, I found it extremely difficult to find a contemporary high-end sleeper sofa.  I was looking for a sectional style one with the typical pull-out section, but all I kept coming across was subpar "sleeper sofas" that, in my opinion veered more on the side of some up-scale futon.

I paged through Architectural Digest and went to the website of just about any furniture company who's ad I came across.  There's plenty of really awesome sofas out there, but it seems that sleeper sofas is something that the high-end companies haven't really tackled.  But, maybe I just wasn't looking in the right place?
Anyways, by this time I was in a bit of a time crunch and was between a sleeper sofa by Avery Boardman and one by (I think) Innovation Furniture, which I couldn't find an actual company website for.















From left to right: Avery Boardman sectional that can be custom made as a sleeper sofa, Innovation Furniture split-back sofa bed with "ottoman" to make it look like a sectional.
I wasn't actually satisfied with either of these so if anyone out there has any insight or opinions on this subject, PLEASE let me know!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great post...I too found it exceptionally difficult to find a comfortable, yet stylish sleeper sofa. I'm not sure if you're familiar with 'Domino' magazine, but you should definitely check it out since it seems as though you have an eye for design and it's a great one (I happened to work there). Anyway, great blog, really enjoy reading it :)

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Thanks for commenting! I have NO idea why its so hard to find one. Sounds like something top designers could definitely cash-in on though.
And about Domino, I've definitely heard of it! I page through it whenever I get a chance and I featured it in one of my blog entries about design magazines!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa,

Glad you're a Domino fan as well...and you've officially been added to my Blogroll :)

Anonymous said...

Great! I added you as well!

Gradon said...

Ligne Roset has a selection of sleeper sofas. I haven't tried any of them, but as it's LR, I have no doubts about the quality.

Anonymous said...

Cool! Thanks for the advice! I only just started exploring their products..they seem to have some really awesome lighting!