March 30, 2008

R.I.P.

My beloved computer has apparently passed away.  But, it is also apparently going to be brought back to life!  So, until that time, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to really post anything in the next few days.  But in the mean time, I'll be brainstorming for future post ideas and anyone who reads this can also feel free to tell me what you want to see.

Word to the wise:  As much as we always hear "back up your stuff on your computer" I think that many of us are reluctant to do it for whatever reason.  But let me tell you...back up your stuff on your computer.  I went and bought an external hard drive today (500 GB for only $130) from Costco.  I'm really upset about the loss of my music and pictures but my boyfriend's computer is like the music library of all music libraries and Facebook is actually coming in handy for a lot of the pictures that I lost.

I also found this quote this weekend and with the recent resignation from my job and the stress-filled past weeks I've had, I found it to be really fitting;
"Never look back, except for an occasional glance, look ahead and plan for the future.  Success is not built on past laurels but rather on continuous activity.  Keep busy searching out new ideas and, experimentally, keep ahead of the times, or at least up with them."
    -Dorothy Draper (interior design pioneer)

No comments: